• Every year an average of 2.4 million weddings are performed in the U.S.
(approx. 150,000 per year in Canada).
• Today's median age for first-time brides is 25 years. For grooms, it's 27 years.
• Second marriage median age for brides is 35 years, grooms 38 years.
• The average amount spent on a traditional American wedding is $28,427 (the Knot 2012).
• 66% of couples spend $20,000 or less on their wedding and reception.
Almost 40% of couples spend less than $10,000 on their reception.
• 67% of women continue to wear the same fragrance they wore on their wedding day.
• The median income of a Lansing resident is $37,766 (U.S. Census figures)
• The median income of a Okemos resident is $73.000 (U.S. Census figures)
• The average cost for a Wedding DJ according to the Knot is almost $1000
You must be asking yourself why I am talking about the elephant in the room
"finances and money and budgets"
When you would rather focus on the excitement of the planning for a beautiful wedding reception.
The figures that I found even staggered me somewhat, even though I have been a DJ since 1985.
To those couples that are fortunate to have the financial ability to pay almost $29.000 for a wedding
and reception I am very happy for you. If you do not have that kind of budget then don't feel that you
can not have a wonderful wedding day and reception.
I have performed at very lavish and extravagent wedding receptions and I have also done receptions in the basement of a VFW hall ! My philosophy has always been the same in whatever situation I was in, to provide the best service and to give the bride and groom that did not have a large budget the same care and attention that they deserve on their special day as the couple whose budget was not limited. Together we can come up with a program, decor, lighting, etc. that will be a reflection of your special bond and celebration of your wedding day. At a rate that we can both live with.
PLEASE READ THE GREAT MONEY SAVING TIPS
FOR WEDDINGS AND CATERING BELOW IF YOU ARE ON A BUDGET
(Courtesy of Starlight Entertainment in Detroit)
You might not agree with all of them but at least it will get you thinking about ways to save if you need to.